Thursday, September 10, 2009

Weekends

The Blog Fire theme right now is our favorite weekend activity. That got me thinking.

Weekend's have always been kind of messed up for me. When I was working full time I usually worked weekends, so my favorite weekend activity was time off! Or getting off work early enough to do something afterwards!

My favorite thing to do when I had time off work was to go swing dancing. I loved to dance! I'd get off a 10 hour shift, rush home to shower the smell of roast beef off, throw on a cute skirt and some make-up, grab my shoes, and be out the door! Back then I had boundless energy and I usually would dance for four hours or more, and then go out to get some food with my friends afterwards!

These days my weekends are a little weird again. It's not like I work on the weekend anymore, but with my health problems my days pretty much blend together. I don't have the strength to dance any more, and I don't really have the strength to do much actually. So weekends don't really mean anything to me, but there's hope! Some day with I'll get my health back, I hope, and when I do I'll do fun things on the weekends again :) And who knows - maybe during the week too!

4 comments:

Meri Greenleaf said...

Minus the swing dancing (although I did do tap as a kid and teen), I think my answer would have been much the same.

And I agree- someday you'll be able to do all that again! :D

Nayuleska said...

Hugs. I have poor health too (somehow I still manage working during the week). Right now things aren't great, but I find it helps to focus on what I can do. Not much (reading, gaming, reviewing, and a little bit of writing, as long as its not too much). Plus dvd watching. They are still things I can do, so at the end of each day I list what I've done, and make it feel like a huge achievement. It helps :)

Memories for Life said...

Here's to hoping you're back to swing dancing soon :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

My hope for you is that some day you will dance again.
Swing is especially fun. My husband and I took a few lessons, but long ago.