Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Dark Lord's Demise by John White

Buy it Now!


"Dark Lord's Demise" by John White is the 6th book in the Archives of Anthropos. I grew up on the first 5 books of this series, and we never knew that he had published a 6th book! Then, when my brother and I were browsing the "newly bought books" section at my library we saw this, and nearly started jumping up and down and screaming right there in the library! Don't worry, we somehow managed to restrain ourselves.

"The Archives of Anthropos" is a Christian Fantasy/Allegorical series in the tradition of C.S. Lewis's Narnia series. It follows a series of boys and girls who are magically transported from Canada to a fantasy world called Anthropos. In this land they fight evil in the name of Gaal, who is a type-representation of Jesus.

I spent hours as a kid imagining that I'd been sent to another world to fight evil! Sometimes my dreams were more "Narnia" in type, and some times more "Anthropos," for they are two very different worlds. I was captivated by the idea of living in a fantasy world, and I don't think I ever really grew out of that concept!

"Dark Lord's Demise" was a great finish to the series. It wrapped up loose ends that had always bothered me in book 5. I'm didn't find myself as caught up in it as I did the rest of the series, but I have a feeling that's just because the rest of the series is forever immortalized as a part of my childhood, and reading this book as an adult years later can't really add it to that part of my world.

2 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

i love the Narnia books, so will have to check these out!

Splendid Little Stars said...

OK. I just ordered The Tower of Geburah from the library since that seems to be the first book he published in the series.