Sunday, April 5, 2009

Looking Forward

Yesterday I talked about how I did on my goals for last quarter.  Today I want to look at my goals for next quarter. 

My big goal that I didn't achieve last quarter was starting to make money off this blog. I still want to work on that, and with my improving health, I'm hoping it will now be possible! Even if it's just a little bit here and there :) 

I'm only adding one goal at this point in time to my "life" goals. I have another big one in mind, but since I'm not ready to start it yet, I'm not going to write about it! 

My big new goal actually has two main parts. Overall goal? LOSE WEIGHT. I've actually been wanting to work on this for a long time, but do you have any idea how hard it is to eat healthy when your having daily migraines and asthma attacks? Let alone exercise?

With my recently improved health I've been working really hard on both my diet, and working exercise whenever I can. I've lost 4 lbs so far! I'm not going to tell you how much I need to lose, just that it's a lot. Being super-sick for a year and on steroids because of it can do that.

So the two parts of this goal are I'm trying to exercise for at least 1/2 hr each day, and I'm keeping a food journal to track calories and get a more realistic picture of what types of foods I'm eating. I've found a site that's helping me out with that - but I want to use it for a few days before I talk more about it so I can give you guys an accurate review :) 

Instead of making this a three month goal like my others, I've set this out for one month. I'm hoping that I can increase my exercise goals at that point :) 

I'm using Goal For It to help me record and track my goals. I wrote a review about it back in January if you want more information. If you want to join me on Goal For It and encourage each other on our goals - just look for me under roseworksjewelry! 

3 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations on getting a great start on your goal of losing weight! Four pounds takes me forever to lose so I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work!

uniquecommodities said...

You are definitely an Entrepreneur to be imitated

AWJ said...

Congrats on the weight loss! And good luck with the exercising. I certainly understand; I have some health problems that prevent me from exercising as much as I can.