Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Faith of the Fallen by Terry Goodkind

"Faith of the Fallen" is book 6 in "The Sword of Truth" series. I haven't written reviews on the first four books because I read them before I started doing reviews, but my review on book five can be found here.

In "Faith of the Fallen" Richard struggles to help Kahlan heal from her wounds that she received in the last book. He also informs the army that he is not going to be able to lead them because of a vision he has had. They need to face Jagang on their own.

Reading about Kahlan's healing process was painful for me. I am struggling to regain my health, for different reasons entirely, and I can identify all to well with the painful struggle emotionally and physicaly! It was encouraging to see that she does heal though.

Part of the ways into the book Richard is captured by a Sister of the Dark named Nicci. She has linked her life to Kahlan's so that anything that harms her, harms Kahlan, and so that she can choose to end Kahlan's life in an instant. Tormented by his fear for Kahlan, Richard is forced to follow her whims, and Kahlan is forced to go on without Richard.

This wasn't one of my favorite books in the series, but that's mostly because there's a large section of the book taken up with the battle against Jagang. I'm not a huge fan of reading battles, but they have their place, and some pretty interesting things do happen.

What I did really appreciate about the book was the depth of thought that went into some of the struggles in this book. I really loved the ending! I hope you enjoy it too.


No comments: