Saturday, April 4, 2009

Looking at the First Quarter

One thing you've heard me talk about with a fair amount of frequency is my goals. I set them up at the beginning of the year to be re-evaluated after three months. I did this because I know how much life can change in just a few short months, and one of the most important things with goals is to be flexible! So, the first quarter has come and gone, and now it's time to look at what I've accomplished. :)

I am also discussing this subject right now on my other blog as well. I tend to keep the topics between my crafty/artistic side and my reading/rest of life separated between these two blogs. So feel free to head over there if your curious!

I had 3 goals that I've talked about in this blog. Some of them I did really good with accomplishing, one, well I need to move that goal forward to this next quarter :) But that's ok! That's part of the flexibility I've been talking about.

Goal #1 - Start and maintain a serial fiction story.
This is the goal I'm the most proud of accomplishing! I've published the first 7 segments of my story Aria's Quest, and the feedback I've gotten has been positive. That's really encouraging! I started this goal both because I had a story idea, and because I want to grow my ability as a writer. Having a weekly writing goal helps me with that. I'm not saying that this story is the best thing I've ever written, but I am really enjoying the process, and I hope that constant practice of writing will help me continue to grow as a writer.

Goal #2 - Finish unpacking and organizing the apartment by the end of March, 2009.
I wasn't quite as successful with this goal as the last one, but I did come really close! The only things I have left are a few pictures to put up and bringing books over that are currently stored at my parents house. Considering how sick I've been for most of the last three months, I don't mind that!

Goal #3 - Make Money off of this blog.
Um, yeah, right. I'll get to this one eventually. *rolls eyes* The main reason I haven't been more active on pursuing this goal is that writing with migraines is HARD, and we've just finally in the last few weeks gotten me to the point where I'm spending most days migraine free. But even then I'm still nowhere near 100% and I've spent a lot of time catching up on things in my shops and in my life. This is the goal that I'm rolling forward to the next quarter :)

Sometime in the next few days I'll discuss what my goals are for the upcoming quarter. :)

2 comments:

BeadedTail said...

You are always so motivating because you never lose sight of your goals whereas I tend to think of my goals and quickly forget about them. My goal is to not do that! Congrats on publishing 7 segments of your story! I wish you continued writing success!

Purple Energy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.