Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Golem's Eye by Jonathan Stroud


When I first started reading "The Golem's Eye" I was a little disappointed. One of my favorite things about the previous book in the series, "The Amulet of Samarkand," was that the djinni Bartimaeus did quit a bit of the narration. Well, Bartimaeus still makes his presence known in this book, but it's not a constant as in the previous book.

I soon got over my disappointment though. The reason Bartimaeus doesn't talk as much in this book is that we spend quite a bit of time getting to know Kitty. Kitty is a commoner with a natural resistance to magic. Because of this talent, she ends up joining the resistance against the magicians, in fact this is why we first met her in the last book! Now we get to learn more about how she ended up in that life and who she is as a person.

There are also a lot of magical hi jinks to keep you intrigued and laughing the whole way through. Golem's, explosions, yellow faces, and much, much more! I really enjoyed this book and I hope you will too.

1 comment:

uniquecommodities said...

you mean your brain hasnt burst yet!