Wednesday, March 25, 2009

For Love of Evil by Piers Anthony


Did you read my review on the "Incarnations of Immortality" series by Piers Anthony? Well, I wrote that review thinking I had just finished reading the final book, and some awesome readers told me I was wrong! There were more! I started dancing in my seat and headed straight to my libraries web-site to reserve the next one, "For the Love of Evil."

I'll admit though, I didn't actually enjoy this book as much as I did some of the other books. In large part I suppose because the main character is Parry, who becomes the Incarnation of Evil, ie Satan. It was interesting though. In a way the book got repetitive because telling Parry's story necessitated revisiting many events in the first five books. To attempt to avoid the book getting overly repetitive Piers Anthony attempted to write those scenes from a different perspective, or with insight that we didn't have before, and I think he did a pretty good job.

I did find it really fascinating to understand Parry's motivation behind his actions in the events of "Being a Green Mother." I think that was my favorite part of the book!

I'm curious to see what the next book, "And Eternity," has in store. Piers Anthony is an agnostic, which means he doesn't believe you can prove or disprove the existence of God. Which means that this book, which I'm presuming deals with the Incarnation of Good, ie God, should be pretty interesting.

No comments: