Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Aria's Quest - Getting Help

Section 4
Searching for Molly
Part 5
Getting Help

When Aria left the church she considered trying to find Robyn, but she decided to stop by the apartment first and let Gina and Darryl know what was going on. They always had good advice, and they might even know where Robyn was. It was the best decision she could have made, because Robyn was actually at the apartment visiting his adoptive parents when she got back!
Aria flew in with a rush and said, “Oh Robyn! I’m so glad to see you! I was going to stop in and talk to Gina and Darryl for a few minutes and then come looking for you!”

“It’s always great to see you too, but why the extra excitement this time? Why are you looking for me?”

“I need your help.” Aria was so focused on her goal that she didn’t even consider building up to that statement. Robyn clutched at his chest in response, pretending to be in pain.

“Oh, so it’s not really me you want is it lassie? You want my services!”

“Well yes, but you’re the only one I know who can help! So you see, it really is you I want.” Aria said with a small stamp of her foot on the table top that the two fairies had come to a rest on.
Gina and Darryl exchanged an amused glance before Gina spoke up.

“How about if you tell us all what you need help with deary? Maybe poor Robyn would have less cause to pretend to be wounded then.”

“Pretend? How could you say such a thing?”

“I’m your mother boy, don’t try to fool me.”
Robyn’s grin was anything but contrite as he took a seat on table, pulling Aria down with him.

“Yes ma’am. Now Aria, we’re all ears, what’s so important? Is it something to do with Joey?”

“Yah. Did Gina tell you that I figured out what I need to help him with?”

“She mentioned you had figured it out, but she was going to let you explain it.”

“Ok,” Aria said as she took a deep breath and launched into an explanation about Molly and Joey’s search for her. Gina and Darryl listened in fascination as well because Aria now had a lot more detail than she’d had when she left that morning. As Aria finished up she turned to Robyn and said, “I’m hoping you know some people who might be able to dig up some more information that Joey was able to find.”

Robyn gave her a solemn smile (for once) and said, “I think I do know a few people. We can even go visit some of them tonight after dinner.”

“Really?” Aria was delighted, she had hoped, but she had also been afraid that Robyn wouldn’t be able to help her, and she hadn’t known what she’d do next if he couldn’t help.

“Really.” Robyn turned to Gina, “Mum, can I join you guys for dinner? Something smells wonderful”

“Of course you can laddie. Your always welcome here. Let me just go check on the stew and put the rolls in the oven.”

No comments: