Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What is that???

Now, to fully appreciate the story I'm about to tell you, you need to know something about me. I'm one of those people who like's waking up gently. A clock radio is fine, my husband gentle shaking my shoulder is fine, waking up on my own is fine. What does not work well is anything that startles me awake. So loud noises in general are out. My husbands beeping alarm makes me want to scream. If you wake me up suddenly, be prepared to face one grumpy Ruthie!

Last night I was sound asleep, kept firmly there by my sleeping pills, and exhausted anyway from a long day. Suddenly a loud noise broke into my comfortable rest, and I frantically began looking to shut it off. Even though it didn't sound like my husbands alarm, that was my first thought, because what other loud noise would wake me up? I knew it wasn't the fire alarm. Finally, as my pummeling of the alarm clock produced no silence, I realized I should check my air purifier.

Now remember, I was grumpy and frantic, so what did I do? I threw myself out of bed and started hitting at the air purifier until I found the off switch.

Silence followed. Blissful silence. I simple collapsed stretched out on the floor, not wanting to move, and more than a little disorientated.

That's when I heard my husband laughing.

My dear hubby is a night owl. On the nights he doesn't have an early class it's not uncommon for him to be up until 2 or 3 in the morning. So when I was scared awake at 1 am he was wide awake in the other room.

Apparently he heard the noise and came in just in time to see me assaulting the poor air purifier. I can only imagine the picture I made! I don't blame him one bit for laughing.

Being a good husband he did stop laughing long enough to ask me what was wrong, I told him briefly before I realized that A: I'm a woman and B: that meant I needed to pee! I hate that it's the first thing I do whenever I wake up...

Anyway, I stumbled back from the bathroom and collapsed on my bare bed and started and my husband playing with the air purifier. He came to the conclusion that it was dead right as I finally noticed that my covers were all missing. I was groggy remember? I commented on my blankies being gone (I sound like a little kid when I'm sleepy) and he started laughing again. Apparently in my lunge for the air purifier I managed to strip the bed! Go me!

5 comments:

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Haha, that is too funny! Hopefully you made it back to bed okay!

Jamie :-)

Memories for Life said...

I hear ya Ruthie...I hate being woken up suddenly...especially at 1am!
This story had me laughing good!

BeadedTail said...

Very funny! Hopefully you were able to fall back asleep after all that excitement at 1am!

uniquecommodities said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! ((huggles)) to you!

Anonymous said...

Any more laughing and the tears will start running down my cheeks my dear, sweet, grumpy, groggy, Rosey Posey!

Muwah!