Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer Time Sun!


It's time for the Etsy Bloggers Carnival again! This one is all about summer, option 2 is...

"2) Summer's here. Tell us about summer in your neighborhood. Do you have permanent sunshine and palm trees or do you cherish every little ray of sunshine?? What is your favorite part of summer?? Do you barbecue?? Do you wear dresses and sandals?? Are you out of school already??"

Now for me, summer is all about making a trip down to Cannon Beach. Oh other things are important too, grilled burgers, flip-flops, long walks, but the highlight of my summer is always my Cannon Beach trip! Why?

Well, it's been, oh goodness I don't even know how many years now! Anyway, my Evil Twin and I go to the beach together EVERY YEAR. Last year was the first year we didn't make it, and I was living half-way across the state for most of the year, and sick the rest of it, so we had a good excuse. Other than that, we always go! And always our beloved Cannon Beach.

We've gone down just the two of us, us with dates, us with friends or siblings, we don't really care who else goes, the point is that we go!

This year the plan is to try and go sometime in July. I usually have a good month or so in the middle of the summer and we're hoping and praying I'll be able to get my strength up enough for a trip! If we make it the plan is to make it a girls trip with the two of us and our dear friend Kat.

I hope we make it! And if not - we'll have to do a fall trip :P

5 comments:

Memories for Life said...

That sounds like so much fun! A girls' trip sounds awesome :)

BeadedTail said...

Cannon Beach is beautiful and I sure hope you are able to make it there this summer! Your trip sounds like it'd be so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I do not blame you, it looks totally awesome.

uniquecommodities said...

Gorgeous! Looks like loads of fun!

storybeader said...

sounds like a blast! Hope you are able to go! {:-D