Monday, May 3, 2010

The Unexpected

Friday I went in to have a major cavity taken care of. Unfortunately, they discovered that the decay had advanced farther than they thought, and they had to take the tooth. That in and of itself would have been difficult/emotional to deal with, but I lost the tooth next to it six months ago, so I no longer have any upper molars on that side. *sigh*

The procedure didn't go easily. It took 2 hours, 2 doctors, 6 or 7 shots, and in the end 12 stitches. They had to dig a root out from the previous extraction that the doctor before had missed. As you can imagine, I haven't been having a fun couple of days. I've been staying drugged up, sleeping a lot, eating soft foods, and icing my face a lot! I'm frustrated, but not dealing with it too bad. At this point I just can hardly wait to be able to eat regular foods again! Even if it will be more challenging now.

1 comment:

Memories for Life said...

Hugs girl! If it's not one thing it's another! Hope the mouth heals quickly! Eat lots of ice cream :)