Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Revisiting my Super Power


In case you aren't familiar with my rather dubious Super Power, it's the ability to hurt myself in new and entertaining (at least for others) ways. I could simply say I'm a clutz, but since people usually end up laughing at me, it's a lot more fun to put it this way!

This last week my Super Power has been working over time. First, last Thursday, I was getting into my car, rolled my foot slightly, and pulled a tendon on the outside of my foot. I gave it a couple of days to heal before I even tried to go to the doc, because it didn't really feel that bad. Sunday rolls around and I was planning on going in on Monday or Tuesday to have it looked right?

Well Sunday I had a migraine, but we really needed groceries so I pushed myself through a shopping trip with Mo driving. When we got home I reached into the back of the trunk to grab a bag that had slipped, and coming back out, I slammed my head on the latch for the lid to the trunk. It hurt so bad! I don't think I actually gave myself a concussion (this time) but on top of my migraine it was a little crazy.

A few hours (and some ice) later I decided I was stable enough to make dinner. Well...that didn't turn out to be the best idea I've ever had. walking between the living room and the kitchen I stepped on one of Mo's shoes and rolled my ankle. Yes, the same foot that has the pulled tendon in the foot.

Loverly eh?

I did go to the doc yesterday and we x-rayed to make sure it's just a pulled tendon in the foot. Between the foot and ankle I'm supposed to stay off my foot as much as possible for the next week. Since I can't really use crutches (too chubby, can't support my weight) I'm walking around with a cane to at least provide some relief.

Now here's the really fun part - we're flying out to Phoenix on Friday! Ben, one of Mo's cousins, is getting married. So it looks like Mo will be pushing me through the airport in a wheel chair cuz I'm really not supposed to do that much walking! LOL

1 comment:

Nayuleska said...

Wow, that is quite a week. Glad I'm not the only clumsy one. Hope you have a fun trip though :)