Monday, October 12, 2009

March to the Stars by David Weber and John Ringo

Buy it Now!


"March to the Stars" is the third book in this series about Prince Roger and the Bronze Battalion. I mentioned in my last review that I hadn't enjoyed book two as much as book one, but that I was going to keep reading the series because my evil twin said the authors redeemed themselves. She was right! I really enjoyed book three!

It's finally time for the crew to cross the ocean and take over the space port. As they cross the ocean they will have to face sea monsters and pirates, and when they reach land things aren't much better! The society they discover performs ritual cannibalism, something that shocks and appals both the humans and their Mardukan friends.

They also discover that they are going to have to cross yet another range of mountains to reach the space port, and that taking the space port may be the least of their problems! Once they receive news of the Galaxy at large they discover that there is an intricate plot against the Queen, and that Prince Roger has been implicated. Now they not only have to get home, they need to clear their names, and save the Queen!

There is one more book in the series, and I can hardly wait to see how they get out of all this mess!

No comments: