Monday, July 27, 2009

Victory of Eagles by Naomi Novik

Buy it Now!


"Victory of Eagles" is book 5 in the Temeraire novels by Naomi Novik, and once again your joining me in progress as I read a series! I read the first four books while I was living in Ellensburg last year, and fell in love with the series!

Will Laurance and Temeraire are the heroes of this series. Will finds himself bonding with and raising Temeraire when his egg hatches unexpectedly on an over seas voyage. Will was a mariner, and he never thought he'd be a dragon captain, but that's what he becomes as Temeraire grows.

The series is set during the Napoleonic wars, but it doesn't just take place in Europe. Our two companions also travel to China, Africa, and all over the place! The first four books in the series are; "His Majesty's Dragon," "Throne of Jade," "Black Powder War," and "Empire of Ivory."

I really enjoyed this series because it looks at dragons from a different angle. Well that and I've always loved dragons! This series looks at what the world would look like if dragons were a normal part of life, if they fought by our sides, and formed partnerships with us. Temeraire never looks at things quite the same as a human would, and I love his spin that he puts on things! I highly recommend the series to any dragon lover out there.

No comments: