Saturday, July 4, 2009

Broken Angel by Sigmund Brouwer

Happy 4th of July!!!!

Buy it Now!


I picked up "Broken Angel" by Sigmund Brouwer when I was browsing the "new books" section at the Library. The author caught my eye because he's one I read a lot when I was in middle school. I wasn't as thrilled with the last one by him I that I read as I thought I would be, but I was still willing to give it another try! I'm glad I did.

"Broken Angel" is the story of Caitlyn, a girl who's grown up knowing that she's different because of a growth on her back, and who's father has always sheltered her because of it. They live in Appalachia, a nation that's been carved out of the USA, and that functions by ruling it's inhabitants with an iron fist.

Now Caitlyn and her Father are in danger, she is being hunted, and he has a plan that he hopes will save her, but that will mean a ton of sacrifice.

The book is an intense thriller with lots of twists and turns that keep you guessing!

1 comment:

Splendid Little Stars said...

sounds excellent. hadn't heard of this author. I like to read, but it is difficult for me to read more than one book a month. I'm in a book club and really should be reading that month's book. So I try to listen to books on CD. I am currently reading 3 books, but will probably give one up.