Monday, July 13, 2009

Aria's Quest - Mutual Fascination

Hi! Welcome to my story - Aria's Quest. If your just joining in here's what you need to know:

Aria is a Woodland fairy on a quest in the city. She must find a human and find a way to make their lives better. Aria decided this would be easiest if she found a true believer, someone who already believed in fairies that she could easily converse with, and so the first part of her time in the city was taken up searching for one of those. She's finally found a true believer and now she's getting to know him and trying to figure out how she can help him.

If you want to read the back story just follow this link: Aria's Quest
Section 4
Getting to Know Each Other
Part 3
Mutual Fascination
Aria woke up full of energy the next day. She was excited to head back to the church and spend more time getting to know Joey, but she made herself slow down long enough to eat breakfast and drink some coffee, although she made decaf instead of regular this morning because she was already buzzing from her excitement! Coffee had quickly become a part of her morning routine though, and there was no way she was going to skip it.

Finally, when she knew enough time had passed, she headed out for the church. Joey knew she was coming, but she didn’t want to show up before he got to work after all. As she flew she pondered just how she was going to figure out what she could help him with. Aria quickly rejected the idea of just asking him straight out if he needed help with something. It felt like cheating. Besides, without getting to know him, she wouldn’t necessarily be able to tell if what he asked would really improve his life. Or what if what he asked would improve his life, but there was something far bigger that he didn’t feel like he could ask, but that she really should have helped him with? Aria shook her head to clear it of all the thoughts chasing after each other. She would simply just take the time to get to know him, and she’d figure it out eventually.

Joey was on the front steps of the church sweeping when Aria arrived. His face lit up when he saw her, “You came back!”

“Of course I did. I said I would didn’t I?” Aria felt a bit miffed that he’d doubt her word, but tried not to show it.

Joey gave her a bit of a bashful grin, “Well, yeah, but there was a part of me that was convinced that yesterday was a dream.”

Aria’s heart melted when she heard that. Joey reminded her of a big kid in some ways! “No, I’m just as real as you are, and I don’t plan on disappearing on you any time soon. Well, as long as you don’t mind me following you around while you work!”

“I don’t mind! It’ll make the day go faster.”

“Great! So why don’t you tell me a little bit more about yourself? Yesterday we mostly talked about me.”

“Are you sure? I mean, compared to your life as a fairy I’m sure my life has got to be pretty boring.”

“Not at all.” Aria responded sincerely. “Think of it this way; your life as a human is just as foreign and strange to me as my life as a fairy is to you. You do things differently, and your whole world is strange!”

Joey looked thoughtful, “I never thought of it that way before.”

“Well you fascinate me, so start talking!” Aria gave a little laugh and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Yes ma’am!”

No comments: