Monday, July 19, 2010

Writing ADD #21


Wouldn't it be fun to have a dragon cane? It sure beats the standard thing I have that I think we picked up for $10 somewhere... Oh yes, and the reason I'm picturing a cane this morning? I pulled a muscle in my foot this weekend so I'm using a cane right now. Joy.

Let's take a look at what I did last week:
Week's Total:
Book Reviews: 2
Dalia's Story: In progress
Weather Mage: In progress
Total Words 2897

It's rather strange that I only did two book reviews, and my stacked up pile isn't very happy with me, but I don't mind since it means I got lots done else where!

I made some good progress of Dalia's Story. It's for a writing challenge so I REALLY need to stay focused on it! Fortunately the words are flowing each time I sit down to work on it, so I'm not too worried (yet) about getting it done in time. I'm just over 4,000 words in that story, and it has to be 10,000 to 20,000 for the challenge, so I still have a ways to go! One of these days I'll have to figure out how it ends too... I won't be sharing this story until contest time because it's one of the rules.

I did some of my writing this weekend at the market. It was cloudy in the mornings so I could see my hubby's netbook despite it's glossy finish (argh) and I wrote while it was slow. It got really windy for awhile there and for some reason that gave me the idea to right a story about a Weather Mage who's power's tend to backfire :) Don't really have any plans beyond that for the story right now, but I don't really care. I write because it's fun you know? 

Last week was pretty full of activities and this week looks a lot more open, so hopefully I'll get lots done, both writing, and on my business! 

No comments: