Monday, January 18, 2010

Writing ADD #4

Isn't it great how setting yourself goals is a pretty sure fire way to have things happen in life that derail you from pursuing them? Actually, all things considered, I did pretty good this last week! I took another trip up to visit my Granny. This time I left the computer at home, so no e-mails, no writing on the computer, but it was a good trip, and it was the right decision to leave the computer at home! The funny thing is I actually got some writing done anyway...

I don't know what my word total was for last week because I haven't had a chance to type up what I hand wrote on the trip. I did write two different things though, for a total of 7 pages hand written. I'm sure that still falls far short of my word goal for the week, but since I got sick after the trip, and I took the trip, I'm more than happy with that :) One of the things I wrote I plan on posting later this week, because its a story from the trip.

Update: I've since typed up the two pieces and they came to 1564 words. It sure seems like a lot more when your doing it by hand! No wonder I usually type when I write...

1 comment:

Memories for Life said...

Glad you got to see Granny again :)
And good for you for leaving the computer at home...we all need that from time to time!