Thursday, October 22, 2009

Dental Adventures

This morning I went into the dental clinic that is set up for those of us without dental insurance and with out a lot of money to have them look at my two broken teeth. The took x-rays and the results were that we'll be able to save one tooth and not the other. I can accept that...it's better than losing both!

The only problem is that they were not comfortable with doing the extraction there at the clinic. I think I scared the doctor with how messed up my body is with asthma and stuff. So they referred me to an oral surgeon.

Saw the oral surgeon this afternoon and we're doing the extraction on Monday. I'm a little bit nervous because two of the medications I'm on will slow the healing process, but I know it can't be avoided, so I'm going for it. I'll live!

I'm really tired today. It's been a busy week and it was a long day with both the dentist appointments and several errands. So for those of you I usually chat with, that's why I'm quiet!

5 comments:

Memories for Life said...

HUGS! Glad they are able to save the one tooth...and that they are able to get you in so quickly :) It will all heal in time :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

Oh, Ruthie....I'll keep you in my heart.

Mary T Designs said...

I hope all works out well for you. I will keep you in my thoughts!!

Meri Greenleaf said...

*hugs!* I hope it all goes well!

Anitra Cameron said...

Oh, dear. Blessings on you and your teeth, and your surgeon! I'll be holding you in my heart and thoughts today.