Friday, May 22, 2009

Birthday Memories :)


Doesn't that cupcake just look scrumptious? I can't eat it because I can't have milk any more, but if I could, I would want it for my birthday! Which is what today's post is all about - birthday's! Why? Well the Etsy Bloggers Carnival this week is:

1)Tell about your favorite birthday memory, gift or wish...
OR
2) Show & tell: Summer line - what you will be making/showing in your shop this summer...

I could have posted about my summer plans, but I don't really have set plans for a summer line in my shop! I have lots of plans of things I want to create, but none of them are a specific line...so I thought I'd post on this blog about my birthday!

I was born on Thanksgiving Day, and that's always made my birthday um, interesting. It's not like my birthday is on Thanksgiving every year, but it's always really close to it, and that makes it hard to plan things! I remember being really disappointed when I was little because we'd try to plan parties and find out that all my friends were going to be out of town at different times around the holiday. Some years we didn't try and just did family things. Other years we pulled it off!

For someone who tends to be a hopeless romantic, I've come to the point where I don't really get super excited about birthdays, but that's ok :) Between the timing of my birthday, and some bad memories, it's probably better this way! I'll never forget the year my best friend betrayed me on my birthday, or spending my 21st birthday at work getting hit on by a short little Mexican guy, but those are behind me.

Now I focus more on making any event I can special. I think if you put too much hope on a single day or event than you'll be disappointed too often. Especially when you have a body that's as messed up as mine that tends to destroy plans! 

So make the most of each day. Treasure the little things. Celebrate the mundane. Enjoy life! 
 

6 comments:

TiLT said...

hey - they were supposed to be good memories... lol! guess I forgot to mention that :) so true about enjoying the everyday ...afterall, "special" days are just that - one day...there are tons more during the year - and all are special :) well, except for the ones where you get hit on by an unwelcome suitor :P

Memories for Life said...

You are so right to enjoy the everyday!

BeadedTail said...

Very well said that we should enjoy life every single day! I, too, was hit on by a Mexican guy but I ended up marrying him nearly 21 years ago! :)

storybeader said...

always wondered how it's like to be born on a holiday. At least the family's all together!

Anonymous said...

I always think that having a Birthday on an important day like christmas or new year is a good thing. coz everyone will remember your birthday and if that day is family tradition day like thanksgiving so you will have your whole family together every year on your birthday. this is better than no one remember and you have to be alone on your birthday.. :)

^-^
Patch

Adaptable Kay said...

I totally get where your coming from kind of.
My birthday is close to Thanksgiving too (10 days before actually) but it hasn't really bothered anything.
But since I got sick, I have figured out that me and planning do not go together well.
If I plan or even try to plan, I end up devastated or disappointed and I guess after a few let downs I just learned that I have to live in the moment.
That's all we have to do! Live in the moment =]