Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Survived!

Ok, first, I want to update you guys really quick on my friend Kat's Dad. As you may remember he was in a bad fall that resulted in 14 broken ribs. Ouch! I hadn't been able to get much of an update beyond "he's doing ok" from my friend Kat in about a week, life was just too crazy for us to connect beyond text messages, but I saw her night before last and we got to talk more :) Her Dad is healing up well. He's been able to get out of the house and be a little mobile. Went to church on Sunday and was able to go to the movies with Kat. He's still in a lot of pain and has a long ways to go, but at least he's able to do some!

Now to me...

As many of my friends already know, I had to have a psych eval as part of my disability application process. To be honest, the whole concept freaked me out. I tried really hard not to let it get to me, but it did. I know it's just routine, but appointments with new doctors, especially one's who's eval is going to mean a lot to my future, scare me.

The appointment itself went fine. I was exhusted afterwards though! I had to go over everything that has happened in the last few years, and a lot of what's happened over the course of my life time. It was emotionally draining. I ended up with a really bad migraine that evening as a result...

But hey, I survived it! It's over - and now it's time to just wait for the next step in this whole process. I don't know how long it'll be until I hear more. The next thing I hear might be their decision, or it could be a request for more info, you never know!

6 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

sending you hugs. I am (almost) getting a headache just hearing about it. I can only imagine how stressful that must be. Let's hope you are done with the "information" part and on to the "good news" part.
Thanks for the update on Kat's Dad.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Oh, and, PS--
You DID survive!

BeadedTail said...

Glad to hear that Kat's dad is improving! And so glad your evaluation is over and hopefully most of the stress too! Take care of yourself!

TiLT said...

glad to hear this is all over...well, that eval part anyway :)

Meri Greenleaf said...

That's great that her dad is on the way to recovery! :D

*lots of hugs* That psych eval doesn't sound like a good time. :( It's good that you're done it now, though!

Memories for Life said...

Glad to hear Kat's dad is doing better!
And glad your eval is behind you now :)