Friday, April 9, 2010

My Hearts Brother

Ok - that title may sound a little weird to you. I usually hear people saying things like that more about the girls they are close to, but John and I have been best friends for 10 years now, and we decided a long time ago that we might as well be family. He finally got to the point where he just started introducing me to people as his sister...and I've decided to go with it and I introduce myself as his sister and tell people that Becca is my sister in law. We might not be legally related, but sometimes the family you chose is just as important, or even more important, than the family you are born with.

Why am I sharing all this today? Becca, my sister in law, is in the hospital. She's pregnant with twins. Their original due date was at the end of May. Because of complications they moved the due date up to May 10th and we're going to take the boys out c-section. Well, in her labs this week they found her liver counts were too high, so they called her to come back in. So they went back in the next day and when a new set of tests came back with even higher numbers, they admitted her.

As it stands right now she's in the hospital at least through Monday - but more likely for the rest of the pregnancy. They've also moved the due date up to two weeks from now, assuming her numbers don't continue to get worse, in which case they may have to take the boys out even earlier to save both Mommy and the babies.

So, as you may have imagined, I'm spending most of my time out at the hospital. I'm pretty tired, but that's to be expected! I'm really glad I can be there for them right now :)

3 comments:

TiLT said...

((((hugs))))) for all


I've read in lots of places where they say the new modern family is friends...

Meri Greenleaf said...

*sends along lots of love!*

Memories for Life said...

Sending all my thoughts your way!!!