Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Insanity of Weddings

I haven't been posting much, and I haven't been writing much, and there's a good reason for that! My baby brother is getting married this weekend. I'm really excited! I've been working on a really complicated piece of jewelry to wear to the wedding and that's taken most of my time. I don't have to actually DO much for the wedding other than show off my jewelry skills :P

Its also my 3rd wedding anniversary today, and of course that's adding to the fun! Yes, my brother is getting married 3 years and 3 days after I did. Fun huh? So on Monday we went over to my inlaws for dinner and stayed for about four hours. I was beading the whole time we talked :P She made us Cornish Game Hens - who actually cooks those? My mother-in-law apparently.

Today my hubby and I went out to lunch to celebrate our anniversary and it was a total bust! We were talking and chatting and that part was fine, but I ordered a salad thinking I'm being unhealthy enough with all the wedding stuff, and it was a SPICY salad with fruit. Spicy and fruit. Scary combo. I was not expecting the spicy and wasn't really able to eat much. It was sad.

I'm spending the rest of the night working on jewelry stuff. Tomorrow I'll be spending some time with my best friend who just gone in from Missouri and in the evening were having a family dinner and game night. Friday night is the rehearsal dinner and set up for the wedding. Then Saturday is the big day! And by big day, I mean super long! It's going to be a lot of fun though. The wedding itself isn't too long, although Tanya is Russian and there is going to be translation between English and Russian because some of the people attending only speak Russian. Should be interesting. Then we're having a looong reception! I'm bringing beads to work on. Yes. I'm crazy.

1 comment:

AubrieAnne said...

Congratulations to your brother. I haven't been to a whole lot of weddings yet. I went to my great grandmother's when I was maybe 5 and my grandmother's when I was maybe 12. Then, I've been to 2 of my cousin's weddings. One of which I was in. But this coming summer 2 of my friends are getting married! They will be the first out of my friends grou and the first weddings I'll actually have to buy gifts for. I'm thinking the usually household gifts for the shower gifts and then a nice $100 champagne for the wedding. (It can be my thing because when do you ever get to have a bottle of champagne that costs more than $10? I don't know! but a wedding seems like a good time!)

Anyway, it should be awesome, but completely depressing at the same time, considering I'm almost 23 and have never been in a longterm relationship, I haven't even really been in a short one (too occupied with school, or school, or art).

Ahhh, I digress, I hope you have fun and congrats on your 3rd anniversary.